Thursday, April 9, 2009

Here We Go!


I really, really hope I can keep up with this blogging stuff. I promise no posts will be as long as this first one, but I wanted to do a bit of updating. Logan changes so much every day, discovering an endless amount of new tricks. It seems we are always moving so fast and furious that I am guilty of not taking a moment to record in her baby book. The poor child will be a year old soon, and I haven't even started in the book! So, maybe I can capture some of the memories here, especially those moments that I know some of our distant friends and family want to hear and know about.

Here's a quick update on the little peanut....she is a little peanut! At nearly 10 months old (next week), she is not yet 16 pounds and is currently in the 3rd percentile for weight! She eats plenty, but moves so quickly she seems to be burning off the calories before we can stuff more in her. Despite her little physique, she is quite the mature little toddler. As of this week she is starting to balance standing without holding on to anything.

In addition to her mobility, she is also developing her vocabulary rather quickly. She started with the normal "Ba" (which my dad swears was BOB) and "Da" and moved on to "ma," "hey" and "bye." A couple of weeks ago, we were at Long's Photography for a photo session (http://www.longsphotography.com/pickpic/gallery/jump.php Password - Click), and the photographer asked about what words she was trying. I named off the few, and also mentioned I thought I was hearing something like "BABY" out of her mouth. A few minutes later she looked up at a portrait of an infant on the wall and as clear as day, said "BABY." Pretty funny!

After what feels like two years of teething, Logan finally got her first tooth on St. Patrick's Day. The second came in closely behind it, and now I think she is working on several top teeth. Her fingers pretty much stay in her mouth at all times.

I also have noticed Logan mimicking me some, which can be a little scary! Just this morning as we were eating breakfast I was yelling at the dog and pointing for her to stay back away from Logan's highchair. I looked back up, and Logan was also pointing at Daisy. It was pretty cute!

Okay, enough narcissistic anecdotes about my child for now. I'll post a few photos too from recent events (but will post-date this time, so this posts for tonight and others are below).

1 comments:

Laurie Driggs said...

She's beautiful! I can't wait to see more pics. I need to start one of these blogs too. Where's the time, right?