I'm so grateful for my mother everyday, but particularly today. Blaine, Logan and I are so blessed to have her watching Logan while I work. We couldn't ask for a better set-up! (And I don't think my mom and dad mind too much either ;-).
We celebrated a nice day together with my family and Grandma June, and as usual, Logan basked in the attention. She loves the backyard so very much. This time of year makes me think of Marsha so much, not just because of Mother's Day, but particularly as the backyard blooms. She was so meticulous in designing it in early 2006, right down to the detail of this lion fountain Logan is watching. Blaine tried to keep us from buying it, but Marsha was insistent that we needed it as a focal point...and as usual, she was right! I'm not sure Blaine would agree - since he and Gary were the ones doing all the heavy labor as Marsha and I directed - but the creation of our yard was such a joyful, memorable time. Each spring, as the vegetation develops and the blooms come out, I am reminded of how grateful I am for the time we had with Marsha. I like to think she is watching us enjoy the yard even now.
I also got a bit of pampering for my first Mother's Day. Blaine and Logan watched Toy Story together on Saturday morning and let me sleep until 9 am! I don't think that has happened since pre-pregnancy days! I awoke to a delicious pancake breakfast and have a gift certificate for a massage to use sometime when I need more pampering!






0 comments:
Post a Comment