As we wind down day two, we are just a bit tanner (but no sunburn, mom), much more relaxed, delightfully full and very sleepy from a long day in the sun. We spent the morning down at the beach, came back for lunch and a two hour nap (what?!? Logan slept for two hours!), and then headed over to the resort's main pool for the afternoon. Apparently Blaine did a great job taking pictures of Logan and I today....maybe tomorrow we'll hunt down someone to take a photo of all three of us together!
I might like this beach stuff a little better today.
She started drinking from a straw yesterday...actually sucking the liquid up instead of me dribbling it into her mouth "baby bird" style. My baby is growing up!
But, she liked dumping the juice out on the towel more than drinking it. On a related note, Logan also started refusing all baby food in the past couple of days. She only wants to eat off of her daddy's plate. I'm starting to be like chopped liver to her....she calls for "daddy, daddy" all the time!
Playing in the pool with daddy. This pool is zero entry and pretty much no deeper than 3 feet. Logan loved walking all over the pool area.
Check out that gorgeous view of the harbour behind us. Nice work getting a shot of both of us smiling and looking at the camera daddy.
Cheese! Logan made friends with another little girl at the pool (she was about four or five) and spent some time throwing a ball back and forth with her. It was really cute.
Look at her tired eyes! Even though she was exhausted, she was so wound up when we returned to the condo. She talked and talked to her daddy (in between giving him hugs and kisses), apparently telling him about how much fun she had today. Me? Not many hugs or kisses for me. Just this new slap thing she is doing at me. I have no idea why, and I don't like it. I've tried firmly telling her no, redirecting, showing her how to be gentle, and fake crying (which only got me another hit so she could see that funny reaction again). I even put her down facing the wall and told her NO. Looks like I'm going to have to read up on disciplining toddlers. The positive note is that she is still my sweet baby girl 99% of the time. It seems to only be when she is overly tired or frustrated that she acts unlike my little angel.
Being here reminds me so much of my childhood vacations at the beach (this very beach in fact) with our family. I forgot how much I hated the combination of sand, salt and sunscreen. Logan hates it just as much :-). The only thing missing from our trip is a few aunts, uncles and cousins. A. Kat, A. Bebe, and U. Bryant....could you guys hurry up and have us some cousins?!?






2 comments:
OK, she is growing way too much this week away from Nana and Papa. So happy the three of you are having such a wonderful time. Kisses and hugs to all.
looks like a fab time! can i come join you guys?!!! love logan's monogrammed sun hat!
Post a Comment