Part One: OUCH!
For Christmas, baby sister gave me a gift certificate for a Chemical Peel at the dermatologist office where she works. I've been complaining about my dull, aging skin and felt like this might be a good option to kind of freshen the ole face up, if you know what I mean. I went to my appointment late this afternoon. First off, don't get me wrong...I do really, really appreciate the gift (and know the results are going to be fantastic). But, I must say this was not a "relaxing experience" for this very sensitive-skinned girl. In fact, at one point the esthetician said "it kind of feels like little fire ants are biting you, doesn't it?" Um yea....pretty much felt like I face planted directly into a very large bed of very vicious fire ants.. The good news is the pain was fleeting....lasted no more than five minutes. And now, though I am a bit red and shiny (Blaine can not believe I showed my face at a Junior League meeting this evening), there is no pain whatsoever. However, I do appreciate how much pain my mom must have experienced a few months ago when she had a much more intense laser peel at the office. Owww!
Thanks to the fire ants, I should have radiantly beautiful skin by early next week. Hopefully no peeling will start tonight or tomorrow, so I don't scare doctors out of prescribing my products :-).
Part Two: Playing FavoritesAs I continue preparing recipes from the Junior League cookbook, "A Thyme to Celebrate," I still marvel at the tasty simplicity of so many of them. Though I have discovered many delicious dishes, the one pictured above - Roasted Tomatoes with Feta & Pine Nuts - remains among my favorite. This was submitted by sweet Aggie Bell, who I happen to think is among one of the best chefs I know (if you ever happen to score an invite to a Bell tailgate...DON'T PASS IT UP, the food - as well as the company - is perfect :-). This particular recipe is simple (you can prepare and stuff the tomatoes the night before) but serves so very impressively. And the flavor, oh my, the flavor.....just mouthwatering. I do need to note that my dinner plate pictured above is not exactly food photo quality; it sat in the oven for over an hour until I returned from my meeting.
I also whipped up the Red Velvet Cupcakes with Nutty Cream Cheese Icing last night. Another simple, sinful delight that would be perfect to share with your honey for Valentine's Day next week. If you are reading this and have somehow managed to avoid buying one of these cookbooks (big mistake, BIG mistake), email me or leave a comment, and I will happily rectify the issue.
I've got well over 100 fabulous photos from our weekend in Tampa....hopefully will get some posted and share some updates this weekend (like info about the new For Sale sign which will soon appear in our front yard!).
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
1 month ago






4 comments:
I love the food pic! I want to make those roasted tomatoes. they look so yum. And were those your RV cupcakes at the meeting last night...they were so good and looked so cute.
I can just see you eating the cupcakes with a pealing face...ha! In all seriousness...my mouth is watering!
Pain is beauty! And that slight fire ant feeling is nothing compared to the laser tx mom got!!
Oh and, "Thanks baby sis for preparing that lovely food above" hehe! Although, you did make it pretty easy for me!!
I've had a glycolic peel and it was not nearly as bad as what you are describing. Go for the glycolic next time. In other news, we made the chicken and andouille gumbo out of the cookbook this week and it was awesome. Also, the melting moments were a big hit up here.
Post a Comment