Thursday, March 18, 2010

Dear John

I've been on a blogging hiatus. No worries, my friends, I have been keeping up with everyone else's blogs, I just haven't had time to share all the thoughts running through my head, not to mention pictures and updates. I'm sick, exhausted and don't have the energy to upload a ton of pics....but thought I could share a few "letters" to get these thoughts off my brain. I'm looking forward to a rejuvenating weekend and plan to be back next week.

Letter 1
Dear Tax Season,
I want my husband back.
Sincerely,
Sick of Being Single Mommy

Letter 2
Dear Single Mommies,
How do you do it (without pulling out all of your hair)?
Sincerely,
In Awe of You

Letter 3
Dear Incessant Cold,
Logan and I are quite sick of you lingering. You can leave us. Now.
Sincerely,
Sneezy

Letter 4
Dear Netti Pot,
Though you are very strange and disgusting, you are the best thing invented for sick mommy. However, I will never, ever allow my husband to watch while I use you....he may try to run away forever!
Sincerely,
Starting to Breathe Again

Letter 5
Dear Life,
You are pretty good to our family; you really are. However, my Boston sister is just getting you all figured out. And now, you throw her a crazy, Spanish curve ball. Please offer her a bit more direction so my mom doesn't lose her mind trying to figure it all out for Kat.
Sincerely,
Stressing for Sister

P.S. Thanks for giving us this precious child to make us smile every day.





6 comments:

Maureen said...

OMG...LOL @ 2 3 and 4!I can't even experience 4 because my husband is always around :)

Bethany Hartsell said...

Blog slacker...just kidding, you are anything but!! And this post is funny. You are welcome for the Netti Pot introduction; it is the best and has kept me well during this crazed nursing student phase of my life!! (P.S. Bran has seen me use it, I was very amazed and wanted to share...he is fortunately still around. Guess he loves me in the bad and ugly too ;-)

...I hope Kat learns to make some Spanish lemonade!

And I am very thankful for LE & the smiles she causes just from the very thought of her!

MacK + Shawn said...

this was the cutest post! love the letters! see you SOOOOON:)

kimberlyharvard said...

#1 and #2 - I completely feel your pain. I am so ready for tax season to be over and for John to be home, and I said just this past weekend when he was sick and stayed in the bed for literally 36 hours that I have no idea how single moms (or dads) do it. Complete awe and respect. It is so hard to do alone. Hope you guys are feeling better. I think my whole family is well right now! (knock on wood!)

How sweet it is said...

You crack me up!! I was really wondering where you were heading with Dear John...!!

Unknown said...

Dear Iodine,
Please get out of my sunless tanner, so I can get a lovely tan without the harmful effects of the sun.

Sincerely,
Pasty White