I've gotten a bit of grief about my lack of blogging in the past few weeks (thanks Julie, Mom and Shan for caring about what I write here :-), and honestly it is because - like all good working moms - I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. I know, I know, we jetted off on a "relaxing" five day vacation earlier this month to the Happiest Place on Earth, and yet, or maybe because of, I have not been able to get my self together. Here are my challenges (Blaine has to listen to me rant about ALL I have to do regularly, so I figured I would make the blog my own therapy session tonight...cheaper than a copay :-).
Let's start with the paying job...this week, I am in the midst of re-launching one of my products with a new name. Absolutely no change in the drug itself, just a new name. Why, you ask? Oh, because of a few pharmacy dispensing errors (BIG ones, I might add). So, after 12 months of trying to commit the drug's name to their respective memories, my doctors are now having to re-learn a new name....and I am chasing my tail around my territory trying to speak to every single one of them. It is exhausting. So much so that I had a dream in the middle of last week that I was furiously running, and that my manager was chasing me. What do you think that means, Freud?
In addition, I'm attempting to wrap up the respective fiscal years of both the volunteer organizations I enjoy giving my time too (and I admit, am painfully neglecting things I do SOON for both said organizations); I'm attempting much-needed workouts with Baby Bootie Camp (love, love this...will share more soon); our weekends are full of birthday parties, baby showers, weddings, baptisms; and all I want to do is spend time watching our sweet girl discover life. In fact, I crawled in bed on Monday night, curled up with the two loves of my life and couldn't help but think that despite the chaos that seems to ensue every day, I cherish Blaine and Logan more than I could ever describe. They are the grounding factors that make me smile every single day.
Please note, I said, curled up with TWO loves....yes, Logan is sleeping in our bed for FAR too many hours each night. So much so, that now she just heads to our room to go to sleep (and we dutifully take her back to her own room). I must, must, must make a commitment to rectify this little issue.
In the meantime, I started to accomplish things again this evening. This was the big project I wanted to wrap up tonight...literally. Pictured below are two care packages, complete with tastes from the JLT Cookbook. I whipped up a double recipe of the following: Banana Foster Bread, Sinful Brownies, Very Best Blonde Brownies, Peanut Butter Cookies, packaged them all together and tomorrow (at some free moment) will deliver them to the Fed Ex store. From which point, the two packages will go to a fellow blogger (one who has about 2,000 more followers than my 3) and to Southern Living with a smart pitch for the "Made with Southern Hands" section. Say a prayer for a bit of free exposure, which will lead to more cookbook sales and more funds to help fulfill the JLT mission!
Dinner tonight was less dangerous, and quite tasty, thanks to my Southern Living....Cilantro-Ginger Flank Steak with Edamame Basmati Rice. Yummy!
I have a slew of pictures to share...Disney, Easter, Pops at Southwood, Beth's 20th birthday, Red Hills, even sweet Grandpa Gary's 60th Birthday celebration from February. I will catch up with a picture loaded post or two.....and if I don't my manager will just continue chasing me - ha ha :-). In the meantime, here is a sweet smile to make your day, Shannon, Julie and Mom!






6 comments:
LOVE!!!
I just can't get enough, it's like I do not see her everyday. That girl melts my heart!
Remember the day will come when you will want her to crawl into your bed just one more night.
I miss those nights with my three girls!
I'm also a faithful reader and was glad when I went to check I didn't see the blasted goat :) or was it the blasted cakes?! Logan is precious! And I'm excited to hear the result of your JLT packages you sent out!
Glad you're back to the blog! I've neglected mine as well...need to get some pictures off the camera and onto the computer! Logan is darling, as usual. Looking forward to seeing you guys on Sunday!
Yay for no more nanny goats and blasted bunny cake! Glad to know that super woman even has her moments of wanting to throw in the towel and curl up in bed...sometimes you make me feel like such a slacker. Love you and little LE.
PS - Boo, don't make me cry thinking of the days when our kids are too old and not around to curl up with us.
So glad you back blogging...pics of Logan are too special to hold-out from your readers. :) She is the most precious little nugget ever.
Post a Comment