Monday, May 31, 2010

Signs of Summer

So much summer in the picture above -

  • grilled fresh veggies and chicken
  • Southern Living Pecan Peach Cobbler
  • sunflower arrangement courtesy of Publix and fresh cut hydrangeas {on coffee table} courtesy of the yard
  • "Greek" salad {okay, really just tossed salad with feta cheese and Greek dressing}
  • smell of a freshly-cut lawn {just imagine that}
  • an ice-cold Corona {out of the lens' sight, but deliciously indicative of warm summer days nonetheless}
This weekend was glorious. It was the first weekend that I can recall in a very long time in which our family had absolutely nothing scheduled to do. We were in town, we were lazy and we immensely enjoyed the company of one another. So much so, that I can't seem to recall what we did on Saturday. I know there was some yard work involved {Blaine} and a trip to Target and a pedicure {me}, but otherwise, it was sheer nothingness. LE was still recovering from the viral infection she had earlier this week, and in fact, was still running some fever on Saturday, so she wasn't necessarily as cheerful as possible {I'm putting this nicely...her fits were pretty two-riffic on Saturday}.

We spent Sunday constructing a tiny town for Logan's birthday, and I must say, we were pretty successful. I shared my brainchild {via a rudimentary drawing} with Blaine, and he took off....adding his own elements to the design. As he assembled, I painted, and Logan slept. We are leaps-and-bounds beyond what I thought we would be after one afternoon of work....I just need to add a bit of decor in the next few weeks, and I think the kids are going to enjoy playing in the town at the party. I will share pics after her birthday.

Sunday night was a casual dinner date {thanks for occupying Peanut - Be Be & Brandon} and today was more laziness. I did manage to get the party invites ready for printing {though Kinko's is annoyingly unable to print}, and do some things around the house.

This afternoon found us enjoying another summer activity - late afternoon thunderstorms. Peanut loves her umbrella...she thinks she is Mary Poppins, and jumps while holding it, in an attempt to fly like Mary Poppins. Maybe we'll see if the Broadway show will be in Atlanta/Jacksonville/Tampa this summer, and take her...she would love it.



LE's new phrase is "Oh Me Goodness." So, Oh Me Goodness, I hope you all have a wonderful {short} week!

1 comments:

mary caroline said...

great post! sounds a bit like my weekend! summer food and relaxing. I love the new blog header :)