Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing

Two years ago today, I looked like this.
Actually, that's a lie. I looked like that in April 2008. I really looked more like these girls and felt as big as a house.

Two years ago today, we were ready. Sitting, Waiting, Wishing. Bag packed. Clothes washed. Bassinet set up. Nursery decorated. Car seat installed.

But, LE had other plans. She was perfectly content here.And though the doctor predicted her birthday to be June 10, she said "no ma'am, I'll wait." And wait, and wait. For six more days. Even though Aunt Kathy was here from Boston, watching me; sitting, waiting, wishing right alongside me. Along with everyone else. Just waiting.

I was nervous. Your daddy was anxious. I was uncomfortable and hot, which made your daddy uncomfortable and trying to stay out of the heat. I was giddy with excitement about your arrival, but frustrated at your apparent disregard for time frames {you got this from your mommy's side of the family, for certain}.

In the end, my sweet nearly two-year-old, you were worth every moment of waiting. Because now we look like this in photos together.

You are my little pal, my mommy's girl, and nothing could possibly make me smile more. I was Sitting, Waiting, Wishing for you...a precious, curious, doll of a daughter, and that is just what God sent us. Looking forward to celebrating our tiny two year old lots this week!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That just made me cry!! Logan is a precious little girl!! Cant wait to celebrate her tiny 2 birthday next weekend!!

Unknown said...

I love how you outright lied on your blog, then felt guilty and told the truth. Too funny.

I can't believe how quickly two years has gone by. Love you more and more everyday Logan and enjoy watching you grow bigger (well a little bit bigger).

Jill said...

I am in tears! What a sweet sweet post! See you both next weeekend!!

kimberlyharvard said...

The time goes by far too fast. We are excited about helping celebrate her birthday next weekend!

Cori said...

Nancy, that post is PRICELESS! Happy Birthday sweet Logan! XOXO