Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Twinkle Toes

Photo taken by fellow TTB Board Member and talented graphic designer, Lori Roberts.

LE is happily following in her Aunt "Kassie's" tip-toes and has started a precious Mommy & Me ballet class at The Tallahassee Ballet. And no, mommy does NOT wear a leotard or tights for said class {I know you were wondering}. In true Logan fashion, it has taken the Little Miss several weeks to get acclimated to the class. This child {unlike her mom} is a bit timid in new situations and is truly a creature of habit. Once she knows what to expect though, it is no holds bar excitement. Her little squeal when Miss Jillian said to 'walk on your toes' today was indicative that she has fully adjusted and loves the class.

Our sweet friend Emerson is also taking the class, and Logan loves seeing "Memerson." She is quite the ballerina too!



Logan had a bit of an issue with the tutu at our first class, but mommy quickly smartened up and now keeps a safety pin close to tighten it onto her teensy waist {why can't my waist have similar issues?}.
There is something so special about watching my own child in the same studio I spent more hours of my life than I could ever count. Regardless of if this becomes a passion of pursuit for Logan, I have no doubt she is going to benefit from every moment she wears that little tutu. My wish for our sweet toddler is that she finds something in her life that she adores the same way I love classical ballet.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Nancy, Logan is growing up so fast! She is so cute! and I love the tutu! Reminds me when I was much younger taking ballet.. Miss seeing you. Hope you are doing good.

Alicia said...

Love love love this! That is so special to share with Logan. I hope one day I can do the same! Oh, and how about those seafoam walls?! It looks so different, but so familiar. How I miss it...

Stephanie said...

So special! I wish I could transport my dance school to where ever we are when Penelope is ready for that very reason. I wonder if they have Mommy and Me ballet classes in Chile? Probably not, reason #243 I want to stay in Tally.

Unknown said...

Em and LE look so cute. Can't wait till the Paiger's can join them at TTB!!

Shannon

The Smith Family said...

So cute!! This is why I need a girl! ha

Jill said...

This is by far the cutest thing EVER!! I can't wait for Lilly to take ballet. You will have to let me know when classes are :)

Autumn Mayfield said...

You are so good...thank goodness you brought you camera - these are precious! I can't wait to share these shots with the girls when they get older. I love LE's tutu falling off! Too funny. Glad you captured little E's moves of running everywhere in dance class. ;)

Laureen said...

Those are the cutest pictures that I have seen. I can't wait to take the girls to Ballet classes. At what age do the Mommy and Me classes start?