I have an obsession with lists. Maybe I would be better to call it a sickness. The satisfaction that I experience from making and crossing off lists is not normal. My "list-ness" is compounded by the fact I'm now creating the things on iCal, with a great deal of color coding and specific deadlines no less. On my "home" list {which is the color blue, in case you are wondering}...blogging about the sweet, funny things our two-year-old peanut does. The problem is, she does something funny and amazing every single day, and I can't keep up. So, I've prioritized my list, and tonight, I will electronically cross two of the blog topics off my list.
First subject - "Too Qute'"Our brown-eyed girl is officially a bonified performer. We can essentially command tricks these days - anything from singing songs to dancing; we think she is a genius, and mercifully, the dear people we ask to watch her "tricks" at least pretend to be amazed and enthused. A few of her favorite songs to perform -
"My Favorite Things"
"Doe, a Deer"
"Let's go Fly a Kite"
"A Spoonful of Sugar"
{insert smart-aleck comment here about my love of Julie Andrews' films that I have apparently passed along to LE}
"B-I-B-L-E": This one is particularly funny as it comes out "B-L-E-L-E"
and
"ABCs": her interpretation of "Q, R, S" is "Qute, R, S"
My other favorite of the moment - at the end of prayers each night, she says, "And Jesus Loves Me, Amen," instead of "in Jesus' name we pray, Amen." It is sweet and appropriate....I think we'll let this stick around forever.
Topic on the List #2 - Sticker Success
Shortly after Logan's 2nd birthday, we converted her crib to a toddler bed. This is how it looks now....
We've only had one fall off the bed thus far, and the story is pretty funny. In the stillness of the night, I awoke to hear talking and whining. Upon looking at the monitor, I couldn't find her little head in bed. So, I walked down the hall and into her dark room. Still didn't see her....moments later I hear "Mommy, I stuck, I stuck." The crazy child had apparently rolled from bed and underneath it....hence getting "stuck." Nights may be sleepless at times, but at least they are entertaining!






1 comments:
Love it! I stuck! :) Love the bed too...she is so precious.
Post a Comment