....really?!? Am I really posting the first holiday event of the season BEFORE I post Halloween pictures? As little miss prissy pants pulled on her new Christmas dress {note, the sweet girl turns into a gremlin if we don't allow her to "MY TURN" when it comes to getting dressed. She actually has told me to "sit on floor, be patient mommy" two different mornings thus far. I now plan accordingly.}....back on topic, as she was dressing herself, I couldn't help but wonder where October went. We partied, we candied, we fell into fall with rapid pace and all of a sudden the Christmas carols are upon us. I'm not exactly complaining; visions of sugar plums are starting to formulate in my head. I have a plan for a new Christmas tree location in the house, gift lists are growing in my head and a good bit of shopping has already happened. We have lots of fun planned for the next two months and this weekend marks the onset.
Logan and I joined Nana this afternoon for the annual Tallahassee Ballet Nutcracker Kingdom of Sweets. A popular fundraiser for the ballet, this event is perfect for the little ones and certainly delivered this beautiful Sunday afternoon.
Post-performance, Logan prissed her way up to the dancers and plopped right down in a Russian's lap....likely content to sit forever.
We left, and Logan told me "fun Christmas day." Hmm.....maybe we just need to stage an over-the-top event with sweets, costumed dancers, face painters and arts & crafts activities to make her Christmas day perfect?!?! In all honesty, I'm so stinkin' excited to share Christmas with Logan this year.We also enjoyed the cooler, breezy weather with a bit of kite-flying in the park {post breakfast at the new Another Broken Egg RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER FROM OUR HOUSE - woo hoo!}.
Blaine took me to fly a kite in this very same park sometime in the late 90s. He never went again, as I let it slip to a few of his 19-year-old fraternity brothers and I'm pretty certain he has never lived it down. Guess he finally put the embarrassment behind him, as he was happy to take his two favorite girls out for the morning.






1 comments:
You beat me to the punch...and I thought you were too behind to do that! Great post!
Post a Comment