Try to stick with me for a bit here....random thoughts. Lots of lovely-ness going on around our house for February.
I picked up these cutie i-heart-u vases at Target in the dollar section {you know the part of the dollar section that is actually $2.50}. Love water bottle from middle sis and Logan wine bottle from our good friend in California. Kitchen window display makes me smile every day...why do carnations get such a bad rap? For over a week now these $4 babies have provided sunlight and smiles despite cold and dreary days.
Simple V-day "froject" idea stolen from Enjoying the Small Things. {Excuse the blurry pic...this post has taken me far too long for me to upload a different one}. I cut out the hearts and wrapped a clothes hanger in {messy} glitter ribbon LE selected. She fed all the hearts through the ribbon, choosing which size and color heart to string next. {Would likely be cuter with more than four ribbons hanging, but she tired of the project and who I am to finish something she started?}
I heart her.
A lovely-ness story to make you laugh: daddy put LE to bed a couple of weeks ago while I was out at a Ballet Board meeting. Since he doesn't like cramming his long legs in her toddler bed {like I do nightly for bed time}, daddy gives her the special treat of going to sleep in mommy & daddy's bed when he is doing bedtime duty. On this particular night {as on most nights} he was apparently snoring before she was. How do we know? Because she woke him up and announced that he was "too loud, daddy." Good, glad she is in good {awake} hands when I'm not home!
And speaking of love, yesterday marks 12 years since B asked me to be his girlfriend. Yup, on February 4, 1999, just a few weeks after our first date, he asked me to be his girlfriend. At Chuck Stafford's apartment. It was funny. Went something like this:
B - So, I've really enjoyed hanging out these past few weeks.
Me - Me to.
B - I really like you.
Me - I really like you too.
B - I really like going on dates with you.
Me - Me to.
B - I want to go on dates just with you.
B - Want to be my girlfriend?
Me - Yes.
Okay, so slightly paraphrased as 12 years of life happening has most certainly led my brain to be a bit foggy. You get the gist. 10 days later he took me out for Valentine's Day at Ruby Tuesdays....brought me a flowers and a bottle of Blue Nun wine {which retails for approximately $5 at Walgreens today :)}.
Again, forgive the sizes of the pictures below....just too lazy to figure out how to make them bigger. From left to right:

A lovely-ness story to make you laugh: daddy put LE to bed a couple of weeks ago while I was out at a Ballet Board meeting. Since he doesn't like cramming his long legs in her toddler bed {like I do nightly for bed time}, daddy gives her the special treat of going to sleep in mommy & daddy's bed when he is doing bedtime duty. On this particular night {as on most nights} he was apparently snoring before she was. How do we know? Because she woke him up and announced that he was "too loud, daddy." Good, glad she is in good {awake} hands when I'm not home!

And speaking of love, yesterday marks 12 years since B asked me to be his girlfriend. Yup, on February 4, 1999, just a few weeks after our first date, he asked me to be his girlfriend. At Chuck Stafford's apartment. It was funny. Went something like this:
B - So, I've really enjoyed hanging out these past few weeks.
Me - Me to.
B - I really like you.
Me - I really like you too.
B - I really like going on dates with you.
Me - Me to.
B - I want to go on dates just with you.
B - Want to be my girlfriend?
Me - Yes.
Okay, so slightly paraphrased as 12 years of life happening has most certainly led my brain to be a bit foggy. You get the gist. 10 days later he took me out for Valentine's Day at Ruby Tuesdays....brought me a flowers and a bottle of Blue Nun wine {which retails for approximately $5 at Walgreens today :)}.
Again, forgive the sizes of the pictures below....just too lazy to figure out how to make them bigger. From left to right:
- A very early date {like March 20, 1999} to a date function. Look at all that hair!- Old South 1999 - please forgive the confederate paraphernalia...it is embarrassing, but the photo is too funny not to share
- White Water Rafting,Colorado, 2000....look at those guns :)
- Ironstone Vineyard, California, 2001 or 02
- I caught a good one {he is holding a microscope fish in this photo, in case you can't tell}
Now you know why this post has taken me forever...LE and I have spent the morning going through old albums and {I} have been laughing down memory lane {as she helps me scan the photos}. I could have shared thousands of photos and ten times that many memories. We've had a fun 12 years. Full of ups and downs. Significantly more ups than downs, but a few bumps and hard times along the way to make our love stronger.
The card - which I still keep in my wallet - that was the flowers he gave me on our 3rd MONTH anniversary. When did we stop celebrating month anniversaries?Speaking of - the hard working man just came in the door from the office {welcome to tax season}. Off to enjoy my lovelys....wishing you a February full of love!






1 comments:
So sweet and sentimental.
Post a Comment