Monday, March 7, 2011

Brain Block


One of my favorite bloggers {one that I like to pretend I know and frequently reference among girlfriends as if she is a friend of mine}, will often post in bulleted format, particularly when she has a brain dump to share. In honor of her, I return to the blogging world tonight with some random bullets. Strangely, I can't figure out how to make bullets though and my brain is simply too tired, so I will deliver instead in "dash form" my brain dump.

- No, I don't typically allow Peanut to leave the house looking like Cindy Lou Who. But, she asked for four ponytails one afternoon last week and who was I to argue? It was only me and the tweeting birds in the yard to see {oh, and my camera lens}.

- I recently read Still Alice by Lisa Genova. It is the second book she penned that I have been completely sucked into and absolutely enamoured by. The downfall - I now think I have early onset Alzheimer's every time a word won't come right away or when I leave a gift certificate I have purchased moments before at a silent auction {as I did earlier this evening....sorry Blaine, I promise to locate the golf certificate soon}. I think this would actually more likely be classified as brain overload...in any case, read Ms. Genova's books. Thought provoking, compelling, incredible writing.

- One of the Sisters {have I mentioned that LE refers to my sisters as Sisters now too and don't. dare. try to tell her otherwise}, the younger of us three, turned 21 this past Saturday. Holy cow. This makes me OLD. We celebrated over champagne at lunch on Friday. Don't tell mom. Oh yeah, she was with us. In any case, she is in Boston now with other Sister and I'm incredibly jealous.

- Have I shared this little lovely?

- Mom gifted it to me for V-Day and it makes me smile each morning as my lovely Breville brews coffee into it. {Have I mentioned I have officially kicked the Starbucks habit?} Said coffee cup is even sweeter when these brown eyes are behind it.

  • I just located the bullet tool - on the Blogger toolbar. I think I have a problem. Is it early onset Alzheimer's?
  • Lots of snapshots taken recently - mostly of us in the backyard, soaking up the early Florida spring {though old man winter seems to be trying to make a slight comeback - 38 degrees last night, really?}. I will share some in the next few days/weeks {wonder how people make the strike-through on their posts....would really like to do that here}. In the meantime, here are three of my favorite....
Look at her smiling and him....

And him right back at her.....

I adore these two people.....can you see why?

  • She is holding a bag from Learning Express with a single jar of Piggy Paint toenail polish. She carried it around for two weeks before letting me paint her "toe-ny-ohs." Her daddy has requested I remove it. Immediately. Will do. She didn't like the cold liquid going on her toes...wonder how she will feel about the remover?!?
  • Brain dump, brain dump. Sorry, if you have stuck with me to read these random thoughts. This is what happens when I don't post for weeks on end. I'll be back with springtime photos and the Big Blue Car request {yep, from our two-year-old}.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I wonder about strikethrough, too! Let me know if you find out how. Love love love this brain dump!

Bethany Hartsell said...

Love this brain dump, it made me laugh & smile so so much...and all of those photos of that sweet brown-eyed girl, who is so evidently enamored by that Daddy of hers {as he is with her}! The strikethrough is also on the the Blogger toolbar, on the left, to the right of the underline button. Tell Peanut the Sisters miss her so, & you {we wish you both were with us}!

How sweet it is said...

Suchsweet pics of LE and Blaine!! Loving the 4 ponytail look, too!! Just wait...more requests like that are coming!!