Saturday, July 9, 2011

A Jolly Holiday Indeed

You may notice the final stages of my facelift happening here....thank you, thank you, thank you Shabby Creations for the most painless plastic surgery I will ever have! I'll be tweaking a few things in the next few days, but I do love the little silhouette, don't you?

Considering it has been four weeks since LE's 3rd birthday party, it might be time to catch-up and share some of the beautiful photos {lest it fall prey to the chaos of life and never gets blogged, like her 2nd birthday party!}. I'll start with photos of our family and friends first, since being surrounded by so many loved ones was most certainly the best part of the extravaganza and then later this week in the near future, I'll share some of my favorite shots of LE and all the itty bitty details. Buckle up....there are a lot of photos here!
We started here 30 minutes before go-time....ripped out of a peaceful nap, not happy with mommy pulling her hair into those precious piggies and definitely not interested in having her photo taken.
But it just took a few moments of the "look what Mommy, Daddy, Nana, Papa, Kassie, BeBe, Brandon did while you slept" tour for that sly little half-smile to appear.

A small dose of Papa's silliness and big grins ensued.
A few moments of patient waiting....

And her first present guest arrived....
Said first present resulted in one of my favorite pictures of the day...LE with her GiGi.

And from there...we were off!










This next series was the obligatory 'put the kids all together and capture an image of as many of them as quickly as possible' shot....{sidebar...LE just walked up as I'm uploaded and announced, "hey, those are my people!" Love it...these are our people and boy do we love all our people :)}.
Alden was not so interested in group shot...and Carson was a bit worried about brother.
Apparently something very entertaining was happening to the kids' right....my guess would be it was my dad being silly!


Love this....apparently Braxton wanted to be sure everyone knows he loves his cousin :).
Have I mentioned how fortunate we are to have not one, but two Great Grandmothers living in the same town? As if LE needed the spoiling....
Speaking of spoiling....here are the ultimate spoilers. Honestly, there are few things better than watching your parents adore your child....and your child loving them right back! I'm wondering if this child will EVER do anything wrong in my dad's eyes???


More giggles with Grandpa Gary & Janet....seriously, could this child be more loved?

Is it possible for these four to look anymore alike? 
And this guy....
He's not even officially an Uncle just yet, but she sure has him wrapped!

One of the two reasons we could never let LE be an only child....
I want her to have the joy of siblings....love the juxtaposition of having been birthed by the same parents, having different personalities and yet being tied by the heart for a lifetime.

Whew. So many great photos.....I'm so, so grateful that Jennifer Powell sweat through the afternoon with us to capture these shots. I could. not. be happier to have so many pictures of our dear friends sharing this special occasion.

Life is good. Real good.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the facelift!! SO cute! Also, love the pics from LEs party. So precious that she says "my people". I love it!! Miss you guys

Ali

Bethany Hartsell said...

The 'facelift' looks awesome!
Glad the Jolly Holiday is up on the blog...spit spot with the detail photos post. :-)