I'm humming a little Gnarls Barkley as I make the decision to share this news {and these pictures}. If I put it on the blog, something tells me there is nothing going back.
Since I believe most of you already know about this ridiculous, over-ambitious goal I've set, I might as well go ahead and put it in writing. Sometime in the late spring of this year I made the stupid, crazy comment that I wanted to run a half-marathon. As I try to remember the reasons why, my brain seems to be failing me. I'm not a runner. I'm not an athlete. I have no desire to be either. And yet, after reading about and knowing several girls right around my age complete half-marathons, I decided this was a great idea. Right.
Again, not a runner. Not an athlete. Never was. Never wanted to be.
And so, like any good, overly-ambitious person, I roped Shannon into the goal. She would likely tell you I made her join me so I have someone with which to compete {partly true... I'm only rushing to write this post right now because she didn't believe I would get it done this weekend}, but really I just wanted a friend to join me in my misery. Have I mentioned I hate running yet?
I have attempted to get others to join our fun... Ali, Jill, Betsy?!?! But, I've only managed to sell Shannon and Bethany on this crazy idea. All others seem to think they will have more fun just coming to Seaside for the weekend in March. I have to wonder if they are going to enjoy the time much more than we are? Can I switch groups????
So, the training has begun, more or less. And we've started to run 5Ks.
And this weekend... it was the Trick or Trot. Somehow I let her convince me to wear a costume for this one.
I like costumes on adults about as much as I like running, but I've coaxed her into 15 miles a week of running, so why not?
![]() | |||||
| Don't I look thrilled?!? |
| I hate running. Running in a blue wig = downright embarrassing. |
| Coming up the hill to finish. {Why do runs finish with a hill}. |
A few things these photos make me realize. I hate running. I hate photos of me running. I hate photos of me in a blue wig. But, I do like the sense of accomplishment at the end of a run. So I'll keep on truckin'... and hopefully will survive between now and March 4th.
| Spending the remainder of the evening enjoying the time with our dear friends {and sans wig}, made for a pretty perfect Friday night. |
So... does That Make Me Crazy? Quite Possibly....








1 comments:
Let's keep on truckin' across the finish line, friend. Thanks for being a sport and sportin' a blue wig with me this weekend. And even though I give you a hard time sometimes...I love ya!
Post a Comment