I had this brilliant idea in late August... since I'd missed sharing photos about some of our summer adventures and travels {mostly because we were too busy embarking on the next to actually revel in the enjoyment of the last}, I was going to do a "What I did this Summer" series. You know, like the first day of school, where you stand up and share what fun things you did during the break.
Well. It would be Halloween time now. Significantly past the time for swapping favorite beach stories on the playground and yet, I'm going to do it anyway. Because it was a good summer. And remembering it - even the chaos - makes me smile. And I want to smile about it again in 10 years, when we have that many more great summers to remember.
I think I got lost in the days following LE's birthday. Honestly, I was a little tired after that party. And busy with a little humongous writing project. I love writing, but I found myself a bit bogged down writing for the project and not so into writing on the blog in the wee hours of the morning.
So, let's pretend - just for this moment - that its somewhere around June 13th or 14th.
First on the agenda, the additional "birthday" cake a little one insisted on eating.
Back in January, mom, little sister and I did a little cake decorating workshop called Corks & Cakes. It was a great evening out, full of laughter as we competed to re-create the best cake.
| The teacher's cake. |
| Our cakes... mine was the best, right? |
When we started talking about LE's birthday and planning the party {probably not too long after that}, she began to ask if the cake in the top of the "frigerator" was hers. And she didn't forget about it. And after awhile, I realized I couldn't throw it away.
Obviously, this cake was not fitting for our Jolly Holiday party, so instead, we enjoyed it at the end of the weekend...
I certainly wasn't going to be the one to deny the birthday girl of
In case you want to plan ahead, Summer Series, Part 2 with highlight our birthday beach trip {and for those of you who are wondering, no, we didn't stop celebrating her 3rd birthday until the end of June!}.








0 comments:
Post a Comment