In an admittedly know-it-all tone, I often cite the story of my six-day-late LE to expectant moms when discussing the slow timing of the stork. "Realizing you can't control when your baby will arrive is among your first lessons in the fact you lose control when you choose to have children," I often spew when talking to pregnant friends and sharing the story of LE's birth {which I realize is slightly alarming}. I'm needing to heed my own advice this weekend, as our little trip to Boston has been nothing short of out of my control.
We had a lovely weekend planned... wedding planning for my sister, trip out of the city to meet with the caterer and event planner {with a side trip for apple picking}, the Ballet, park visits and of course plenty of shopping and eating. Add to the fact that the weather is perfect {like mid 60s in the day, beautiful sun right now} and it just sounds lovely, right?
Unfortunately, things haven't gone exactly as planned...
My arms are currently rather preoccupied holding a sick, sick baby....
I should've known when she fell asleep during our layover and slept for most of our Atlanta-Boston leg on Friday that some sickness was on the near horizon. And through the weekend, we've battled high temperatures and an all-round miserable little peanut.
Fortunately, we've made the best of it for most days... since most of the daytime has found her feeling okay, we've enjoyed smaller adventures out in the city and did get to take in a bit of Boston Ballet's Romeo and Juliet yesterday afternoon {where my three year-old demonstrated her love of culture by watching the ballet like a true big girl}.
She rallied last night for some popcorn on Aunt Kassie's couch...
And for plenty of snuggles with Aunt Kassie.....But today has been rough. Lots of tears and hours upon hours sleeping in her mama's arms.
This has been my view of the city today....
![]() |
| Forgive the iPhone pictures...my camera was too far away to download those pictures. |
Note my wallet is close for online shopping purposes, the doggie was a gift from Kat & Bob's sweet neighbor to help LE feel better and Aunt Kassie has been an amazing hostess - picking up prescription for LE, Starbucks for mommy and more tissues for us to drown our sorrows :).
I'm back at my post this evening after a very short neighborhood excursion to get a bit of fresh air and let the peanut pick a present for her Daisy Dog.
So the nights in haven't been exactly as we planned and I'm in pain watching this little one suffer through this dreadful cold and yet, we still are grateful for the moments we are sharing with Sister.
Just praying tomorrow is a better day, as we board a flight to head home and it could be bad! Oh well, guess I'll practice controlling the control-able. I'll share the good camera pictures and happy smiles once we are home and healthy!










0 comments:
Post a Comment