March 23rd, five years ago, these two sweet wild little things were born. I should probably admit that it was my crazy idea to get a dog back in 2007... and Tax Man seemed to think it would buy him some time before I started asking for babies, so he agreed {please note, it was less than four months after Daisy arrived at our home that we conceived a certain Peanut :)}. We managed to convince our good friends Caroline and David they needed a Puggle too, so together we researched and found Brokenheart Puggles. After many, many questions answered and after watching our 'designer mutts' grow through pictures sent from the breeder, they flew from Arkansas to Fort Walton Beach, where Caroline and I grabbed them from their shared crate and enjoyed running in the green space at the airport with the tiny girls.
They rode in style on the way home...
![]() | ||
| Both dogs ride in their kennels in the back of the car now... no more front seat perching. |
She got scrubbed down...
And promptly stole her way into our hearts...
Despite the fact we often found her doing things like this...
![]() |
| Our pergola still doesn't have the vine cover growing thanks to this little scoundrel :). |
Our "baby" even found a spot on our 2007 Christmas cards...
Little did she know - June 2008 would rock her world...
And though the arrival of this wee baby might have meant her hairy highness could no longer sleep atop the back of the living room furniture, it wasn't long before she realized she had a new playmate...
LE's arrival definitely calmed the puppy down quite a bit...
| Wearing Daisy's collar on her own head. |
I don't likely pet Daisy as much as I should {LE often comments that I never pet her}, and I may crate her when I get tired of her clickity click nails on the wood floor...
But pulling these pictures, I can't help but realize what a part of our family she truly is.
And how incredibly patient she is to put up with all kinds of nonsense...
![]() |
| She even appeared in our Christmas photo again this year! |
And so, with that spirit, LE and I hosted Daisy Mae and Maggie Mae for a special 5th birthday party.
![]() |
| The "rug" LE made for the dogs. Notice that she created little paw prints with her stamped fingerprints. |
And three precious kiddos with their doggies...
It made for the loveliest of afternoons...Despite the fact you fill the vacuum with your hair and are constantly under my feet in the kitchen, I really do love you Daisy Mae. Happy 5th Birthday. Thanks for being our little peanut's pal!















0 comments:
Post a Comment