Daddy celebrated a very BIG birthday this weekend....3-0! WHOA! After swearing to stay low key and not plan any crazy surprises, we enjoyed a perfect fall weekend. There were so many activities in town, it was hard to choose what to do. In the end, we just spent the time relaxing. What a perfect way to start a new decade! On Friday night, Logan spent the night with Nana and Papa so we could have date night. Blaine and I planned a nice dinner at Georgio's on Friday night, but he was insistent we see Inglorious Bastards (I hate Quentin Tarantino films with a passion, but it was his birthday). Needless to say, we didn't have the time for dinner and to make it to the 8:00 showing, so we just grabbed greasy goodness at Five Guys. Not exactly an upscale 30th birthday dinner, but he seemed happy.
Saturday, Blaine slept in while I took care of a few JLT cookbook things (big surprise there :-) and then took little Miss Prissy to meet her friend Sutton and my friend Jen at the park.
We spent the afternoon with daddy. Picture heavy, but I couldn't choose....
Isn't this hair bow precious? I bought it from Felt Happy Boutique at the Holly Days event. The crazy thing is that the lady that creates these unique hair bows is actually a nurse in 'real life.' As I handed her my check for Logan's new bows (I bought three despite the fact she only has about three hairs total!), Ali Kelly (owner) looked at the check, and immediately asked if and how I was related to Marsha. As I told her that Marsha was my mother-in-law, she teared up and explained that she was Marsha's oncology nurse for quite some time, and Marsha made a huge impact on her. In fact, an hour later, when mom brought Logan to Holly Days, she overheard me using the "one finger" touch technique. Once again, she got rather teary as she shared that Marsha had also taught her this tactic to use on her own children. Wow, life comes full circle so often. It was so nice to meet another person that Marsha touched with her vitality. (sorry girls, I know I often make you all cry with Marsha anecdotes...this is a happy story!)
After pumpkin perusing, we ordered takeout from Masa. Had a few moments to spare, so we took Logan to the playground at Kate Sullivan (Blaine's old stomping grounds).
I love this because Logan coloring matches her daddy and Emerson's matches her mommy....they couldn't look more different! We're letting the little girls partake in too many party treats here.






0 comments:
Post a Comment