I need to make a clarification from an earlier post......A dear friend that we haven't seen in years (who shall remain nameless) was recently on the blog. She emailed me with kind words about Logan last week, and then apparently spent the next few days mulling over major concern. Finally, this evening the concern got the better of her, and she expressed it to another one of our mutual friends. "What is wrong with Logan?" she gently asked...."Why is she so small?" Naturally, our friend was quick to defend Logan's small stature (not realizing JUST how small friend one thought Logan was). After a bit of a strange conversation, sweet, unassuming friend says, "yes, but she isn't even 8 pounds!"
I laugh as I write this, because I know this is my fault. I constantly talk of what a peanut our little one is, but a few weeks ago, in my "How?" post, I called her a 7 pound, 5 ounce baby. Let me clarify....she was 7 pounds, 5 ounces, AT BIRTH! Today, she is a somewhat small, but healthy 18 pounds! So, yes, we do still face backwards in the car seat, and yes, she has stayed at the 3rd percentile or lower on the growth chart since the beginning of her life, but no, she isn't anorexic, we do feed her more than bread and water, and she is steadily growing.
And friends, I will make sure I'm more clear in posts as I move forward....particularly for those that don't get to see Logan regularly and know that she is a healthy, active, thriving toddler!
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
1 month ago






0 comments:
Post a Comment