Thursday, October 1, 2009

How?

How is it that our 7 pound 5 ounce precious baby girl is climbing stairs? How is it that her 6-12 months pants are too short? How is it that she repeats everything we say, and has developed such an angelic, humorous personality? When did my baby become a toddler, a little girl that adores her daddy (so much so that she sits up in the middle of the night to say 'daddy' in her sweet little voice)? I found myself telling a new mommy in one of my doctor's offices today that "it goes so fast," yet I still have a hard time believing just how fast. We love every moment of every day with Logan....even in her most strong-willed moments. I am amazed by how smart she is (and I know I am biased, but she is really, really smart).

She spent the night tonight with Nana and Papa, so mommy and daddy could have a much-needed date night. I just got these pics from mom, so I thought I would post them before I head off to bed for a full night's sleep. Even though the little peanut is growing and changing every day, she still doesn't quite like to sleep the whole night in her own bed. That's okay though....Blaine and I were just talking about it tonight at dinner. These moments are fleeting. There will come a day (probably about 15 years from now, if I am remembering my own teenage years correctly), when we are wishing our girl was this little again, sitting up in the darkness of the night and calling out a sweet "daddy" before snuggling back in between us for the rest of the night.

Climbing the stairs is funny....and it is exhausting for Papa as he has to go up and down the stairs repeatedly while she plays on them. Guess Logan realizes you need your exercise, dad :-).
Those eyes melt my heart.

Like the Fall Collection? The shirt is actually one mom made this summer, but the skirt is new.

CHEESE! She does ham it up for the camera.

Cups and straws make her think she is such a big girl.

15 month check-up found Logan dropped back off the growth chart, so we're back to heavy cream mixed with milk in the sippy cup. A little ice cream sandwich might add some weight!

Maybe if I climb up and down the stairs 500 times a day, I could eat ice cream sandwiches and still be a peanut!

0 comments: