Monday, October 25, 2010

A Girl's First Trip to the Salon

The miniature mullet had to go. We were taking the term "crazy hair" to a whole new level in our household, so despite the fact that LE's hair is still not filled out in the front, I made the executive decision to bring her along to my hair appointment last week. Actually, my mom brought her after my color, so I could relax for that part (thank you, mom!). They arrived in time to watch a few moments of my haircut, so Logan knew what to expect.

Stylist Lyla did a great job of "readying" her station with a pillow for Logan and the special Snoopy cape. Logan watched with great curiousity for a few moments, and then hopped right up in the chair. As pictures will attest, the sweet girl barely moved the entire time and was so quietly introspective about what was happening.
End result - we can still make the "horse's tails" {more commonly known as pig tails} that Logan likes to have me put in her hair and then promptly pull down {which does lead to stressful moments on mornings like today when we are running late :)}. And, in the short time since her hair was cut, we've had MAJOR growth. Dare I say "I told you so," to all you naysayers?!?
On a slightly unrelated note, this is the look I now get when I ask Logan to smile for a picture.
A couple of weeks ago she had school pictures, and I was fairly certain this look would ensue when the prints arrived. Much to my delighted surprise, the pictures are precious!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cutie patootie!

Autumn Mayfield said...

Love those piggy tails!!! Also, good school pic!!! Wish she smiled like she does for you.... :)