At 2.5 years old the girl has lots to say....and the "peanut-isms" are quite entertaining.
Peanut comes out of room wearing a fur stole/cape let on one of the rare warmer days of Christmas break as we were headed out the door for a {casual} playdate.
Me: Oh Peanut, I think it might be too warm to wear your fur at the park today.
Peanut: I need my "Jenni-FUR" today, mommy.
Okay, how can I resist, really?
Me: Sorry, Peanut, I didn't mean to bonk into to you.
Peanut: No worries, mommy. You aren't mean.
Oh good, I was worried I was mean. I think I will remind you of this in 11 years when I "meanly" won't let you go loiter at the shopping mall or movie theatre with your friends.
Peanut: Nana, you mad?
Nana: No Peanut, I'm not mad.
But I bet she will reconsider furrowing her brow while concentrating now :).
Me: Oh Peanut, I think it might be too warm to wear your fur at the park today.
Peanut: I need my "Jenni-FUR" today, mommy.
Okay, how can I resist, really?
Me: Sorry, Peanut, I didn't mean to bonk into to you.
Peanut: No worries, mommy. You aren't mean.
Oh good, I was worried I was mean. I think I will remind you of this in 11 years when I "meanly" won't let you go loiter at the shopping mall or movie theatre with your friends.
Peanut: Nana, you mad?
Nana: No Peanut, I'm not mad.
But I bet she will reconsider furrowing her brow while concentrating now :).
****Potty Training Talk Alert****
Don't you hate it when friends and strangers drone on about potty training?!? I'm one of those people right now. Know why? Because we are on the brink of saying bye bye to the weekly $10.99 box of diapers. That is like four Starbucks {if you are a gold card member like myself}. This makes me want to do a happy dance.
Yesterday, Peanut did a number two on the potty {she also did it twice for Nana while B & I were on our South Florida New Year's adventure}. We made a Really. Big. Deal. of this feat. In fact, we took the Peanut to Learning Express to pick out a new art "froject" {or project as the rest of English-speaking Americans like to call them}. After carefully selecting the purchase and paying, I lifted peanut up to put her into her car seat and what to my wondering nose did I smell...but a stinky?!? I looked at B and laughed {what else could I do?}. The stinker made a stinky while we were out celebrating her potty stinky. Oh well....maybe we will get there one day soon....
Yesterday, Peanut did a number two on the potty {she also did it twice for Nana while B & I were on our South Florida New Year's adventure}. We made a Really. Big. Deal. of this feat. In fact, we took the Peanut to Learning Express to pick out a new art "froject" {or project as the rest of English-speaking Americans like to call them}. After carefully selecting the purchase and paying, I lifted peanut up to put her into her car seat and what to my wondering nose did I smell...but a stinky?!? I looked at B and laughed {what else could I do?}. The stinker made a stinky while we were out celebrating her potty stinky. Oh well....maybe we will get there one day soon....
Happy Tuesday!
P.S. - My to-d0 list is once again color-coordinated and printed on my clipboard. I might even get the January calendar up with all activities penciled in by week's end. We are making progress here.






3 comments:
I love this post so much! I love when she said that you were not mean :) I just love how much these twos talk :)
I'll just refer to my potty training post here {http://the-grooters-family.blogspot.com/2009/08/training-wheels-coming-off.html} and ask you to kindly read your comment at the end. Look who's talking now. Perhaps try withholding something she really covets (i.e. all sweets) until she goes. Then reward her immediately with a dessert. I think this waiting to go to the store for the reward loses its effectiveness.
P.S. Love the peanutisms!!!
Post a Comment