Sunday, March 27, 2011

Tax Break

Daddy took a much-needed weekend off to wrap up LE's spring break. It was a good thing, since I caught the peanut playing with "flat daddy" in his absence one day last week...

{Flat Daddy was created as a present for Donuts for Dad at school a few weeks back, but he has filled in nicely while daddy works hard. She was literally walking him around the house the other night, having a conversation. :)}.

Daddy not wearing his work clothes made Logan this happy...
She asks her daddy every day if he is wearing his work clothes. I think this is because she sees him when he comes home from lunch sometimes and knows if he doesn't change out of his work clothes he is headed back to the office, but if the tie comes off...woo hoo, he is home for the day!

Back to our 'tax break' weekend....we loaded up and headed down for Gampa Gary's house in Apalachicola for some down time and a fun visit with Gampa and Janet. We were a little hesitant given last summer the Peanut detested the sand, but praise the Lord she has turned the corner and is officially a Florida girl. I'm pretty certain she attempted to take the beach home with her, there was so much sand in her little bathing suit.

Camera phone pics, but I had to share the sand castle building. The "architect" and she had been discussing it for weeks - and she kept telling daddy to make it bigger, make it bigger. It was humorous to watch.....as I lazily sprawled out on the towel, book in hand.
If this accountant stuff doesn't work out, he could always go into sand sculpting....we will just have to relocate to PCB :).
The finished product! A car and a "bigger" sandcastle were added a bit later.
I was there too, rocking my new tankini {yep, I made THAT transition}.
It was a cloudy, cloudy day. You know the days when the meteorolgist warns you to not be deceived by the overcast atmosphere, you could actually be getting sunburnt? They aren't lying. Fortunately, Peanut was well-coated before we even put her suit on at the house. Daddy and I, not so much. We are both sporting lobster sunburns {mine is even a farmers tan as I was wearing my coverup due to the cool air for much of the day}. Oh well, what is spring break without a little sunburn?

I did manage to grab a few photos with the real camera over the weekend.

On the patio at Angelo's....yum.

She wasn't into the garlic butter boat - just the crackers. I didn't care - more butter for me!

Running around on the porch at Gampa's house.

Sorry, I was pretty lazy with the camera all weekend and was pretty disconnected from the real world of cell phones and computers {Apalachicola will do that to you}. It was heavenly...and now we are rejuvenated for the last 21 days of the season. Cheers to tax breaks!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love flat daddy! He looks like he's had a few too many brewski's though.

Nancy said...

Ha. You know that look :). Also note that flat daddy almost has more hair then real daddy!

kimberlyharvard said...

Ummm...you were the one that informed all us ladies that we were NOT to ever wear a tankini... that if we wanted to cover up, we should purchase a sexy one-piece. What the heck happened to you??? :)

We, too, are counting down the days to April 15th!

How sweet it is said...

Love the new tankini!! It looks like a bikini from the picture!! Glad you finally made the transition!!

Jill said...

Flat Daddy cracks me up!! Tankini is a hard transition and a sad one... :)