To close our first year of Mommy & Me ballet classes, the Peanut had her debut performance a few weeks ago. Up until dress rehearsal time, the jury was still out on if she would actually get on the stage and perform {or if her mommy would be standing on stage with a Peanut perched on her hip}.
Fortunately, she had sweet friends Abby & Olivia there to show her the twinkle toes ropes....
{Look at how my costume twirls, Olivia}.
And when the big moment came.....she rocked it. Well, it took a few moments for her to warm up on the stage, but the weeks of Toddlers & Tiaras-esque practice in her bedroom before bedtime paid off. Picture me, "stage mom" starting and re-starting 'Fly Me to the Moon' on the iPod and saying over-and-over, "Logan, stop playing with your dollhouse and finish your eight kicks...higher, higher!" Just kidding. Sorta. Hey, can you really blame me? Her Aunt just wrapped up her career with the Boston Ballet. The Peanut has some special shoes to fill :).
A backstage shot of her class while waiting to go onstage....I love this because it basically sums up the way class went each and every week....
Post-performance, amidst cookie cake, adoring fans, flowers from daddy and presents, the Peanut started to understand, and I'm pretty certain she will happily hop up on stage any day now.
In fact, she was bound-and-determined last week to wear her blue tutu to her preschool performance. Fortunately, a new dress from Nana was {almost as} appealing, and I managed to sell her on wearing it....and again, she rocked...with beautiful renditions of I'm a little Teapot and Itsy Bitsy Spider.
As we wrap up her first year of school this week and plan a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious celebration to mark her third birthday, I can't help but marvel at the changes and growth the past nine months have brought. Where, oh where has this bambina gone???






0 comments:
Post a Comment