Hello Friends. Please forgive the rarity of posts these days. I've been doing a great deal of writing for work, and frankly, my blog-reativity {that's blog creativity in case you can't tell} is suffering. Plus, my friend Shannon has written two witty, spot-on posts in the past two days, and so I'm feeling a bit inadequate :). Our friendly competition in life is pretty much on par with sisterly love {though we don't actually share a blood relation}, but I've got a little something up my sleeve to get back in the blogging saddle here very soon....I know she will be jealous, so stay tuned :).
Enough with the excuses....
We finally pulled the trigger a few weeks back and made the big-girl transition. Happily {for me, not so much for Tax Man}, this also meant a complete garage redux, in order to safely store the baby furniture for future use. After trying out every possible angle {thank you, Tax Man}, the bed finally landed as shown below.....I haven't moved any wall art as the bedding is not yet complete - Nana is designing the duvet from a lovely Amy Butler fabric with several accent pieces and is also recreating the dust ruffle I ordered from Garnet Hill {although during bedtime tonight, I started contemplating a slight change to the overall look. No worries, mom, I've decided to go in a totally different direction!}.
Peanut loves her bed....typically until 3 am-ish.
Busy Ball Popper to "dry" her hair after a "cut." So the agreement is, sleep all night in your bed and we will jaunt right up to Target to buy that junky Disney Princess hair salon set, complete with a battery-operated blow dryer.
In the interim, Peanut has worked out the perfect solution {pretty much telling us she is NEVER going to sleep all night in her bed}. She recently announced that "Meerson" said she can borrow Hadley some "tine." Good...don't sleep in your own bed, just borrow your friend's baby sister. That is perfect; actually, may not be a bad idea. Sweet Hadley is already through the tough early stage of life! Peanut took my cheeks in her hands tonight and told me in a serious tone - "I LOVE to sleep in your bed, mommy."
You know what Little Princess, I LOVE to have you sleeping in my bed too!
Wishing lots of sweet dreams and snuggles for all!






5 comments:
So so sweet!! We just bought the junky princess salon set!! Lilly loves it!!!
We make a competition out of everything don't we - but not in a blatant, annoying kind of way. We are very subtle about our competitiveness.
Try a sticker chart as a nightly and morning reminder. It worked for Jack {our bait was a visit to the dinosaur museum - which he hated by the way}. I would recommend more than just one night because likely she will sleep the one night then get the prize and go back to your bed. Maybe a week in a row. That way it becomes habit. Just some suggestions from someone who has been through this before. And now we have a rule that Jack can't come into our bed until the sun comes up. He still breaks that rule from time to time.
You'll have plenty more years left of bedtime snuggling!
Logan looks SO precious sleeping in her big girl bed!! I love that she told you she loves to sleep in your bed...that is so darn cute!! Love that little girl!!
Logan is a very smart girl and good negotiator. Knows how to play the trump card. I still can not believe you guys brought the same bathing suit. Love the pictures.
I sensed a little friendly competition going on! Whatever it takes to get the creative juices flowing...and the motivation! Love the bed AND that she cupped your face. Too sweet.
Post a Comment