Dear God -
Please help me to stay in this beautiful bed all night long so I can finally get the junky princess hair dryer that I visit every time my mommy and I shop at Target {which is very frequently}.
Amen.
November 8, 2011
4:15 am - Awake with a start. Snuggled next to Tax Man. No LE in bed. Did someone steal my child? First {somewhat irrational} thought in my head.
4:20 am - Walk sleepily to LE's room. Feel her forehead. No fever. Still breathing. Yes, I realize this is a normal thought-process for parents of say, 6-9 month-old babies. You know, the very first said infant sleeps through the night. I've never experienced this.
4:22 am - Lay back down. Have trouble falling back asleep wondering if she'll actually make it all night in her bed. Think about morning trip to Target if she makes it two more hours. Realize I've already slept six hours uninterrupted. Wow.
6:15 am - Tax Man wakes me up from early morning slumber. Did wolves steal our daughter? Glad to know he is as irrational as I am. No, she slept. In her bed. All night long. For the first time. Ever. In her entire life.
6:55 am - LE comes out of her room. Wish I had the camera in hand to capture the look on her face. She was about as happy as this picture makes me.
We made a REALLY big deal of this feat. I think we've told her how proud we are at least 1,000 times today. I realize most three year old children have been doing this "difficult thing" for oh you know, 30 months of their lives, but not us. We've slept like three peas in a pod since peanut came along.
And if I'm being honest here, this accomplishment makes me just a little sad. A new chapter in her life has started. Sweet girl is growing up. I'm already missing the snuggles.
The $12.99 blow dryer now belongs to Sleeping Beauty. Tax Man was a bit worried she would be let down by the "small" toy she selected to covet for accomplishing this big goal. She wasn't. Oh, her smile. Just radiating the happiness of accomplishment.
Oh, and a tell-tell rash surfaced on her little hands and feet mid-day today. Hand, Foot and Mouth. Which has apparently been going around at school. Good to know. Perhaps now we know why she slept all night long?!?!









1 comments:
New Chapter in your life. Congrats
Post a Comment