Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I Will Pose, But I Will Not Smile


That is most seriously a scan of her portrait from the ballet recital this year. And, it has most certainly led to much laughter this evening. 

 It went down something like this...

1. Post-rehearsal, wait in line for to take photo for 45 minutes; attempt to occupy bitty ballerina during said wait.
2. Finally approach front of line for photo op. Bitty refuses to take photo.
3. Fit ensues. Listen to photographer comment on how she can 'tell who properly spanks their children' {and if I weren't a more confidant parent, this could have bothered me... but I really wasn't about to get caught up over taking a photo}.
4. Stand aside to watch several kids get photo taken {while bribing bitty ballerina to go take the photo so we could leave. Yep, I don't spank, but am happy to bribe}.
5. After watching that the photographer isn't biting off other kids' heads, Bitty warms up enough for photo op, as long as she doesn't have to like it. Her words..."I will take my picture, but I'm not going to smile."

So, the photographer made her nervous... she told me tonight she was shy on this day. No big deal. The resulting photo makes me smile every time I look at it.

Tax Man wants to know how much he paid for these photos. I told him they were priceless ;).

1 comments:

Autumn Mayfield said...

Ha! This is fantastic! I can't wait for her to see this when she is older. Such a beautiful little girl but clearly with a strong opinion. (LOVE her!)