Sunday, July 8, 2012

TPC, Tutus and Two-Ton Tomatoes

If the title isn't a dead giveaway, this is a smorgasbord of a post. With four birthdays under our belt, I've learned that May and June are basically a blur each year, especially now that we are in school and enrolled in extracurricular activities. Add a full travel schedule to year-end activities and Peanut's birthday celebrations and the two months pass in with a fury. With this in mind, lets backup a bit to May, mostly cause lots of fun happened in the month that I'd hate to not document. Please note, my camera stopped working at some point in May, so forgive the Instagram images... fortunately, I saved Tax Man the $180 diagnostic fee and took the time this afternoon to identify and fix the issue.

Mother's Day weekend found Tax Man and I here, along with our good friends the Grooters and Ginns.


Seeing as we had just spent two weeks prior on our post-tax trip together, we were feeling pretty lucky to be gallivanting without the little one in tow, especially since our trips with these two couples typically include six children, all six and under!

Didn't we look cute for the 'pink out' the course day?
And while we love our annual Labor Day trip with the kids, it was really a treat to not have to worry about anyone but ourselves. No planned meals {we ate as late as we chose}, plenty of tasty cocktails {I still stand by the fact my little stumble on the course was related to uneven footing, not the drinks!} and lots of laughs {did I mention my little stumble on the course?!? It was Tax Man's fault}.

Watching Matt Kuchar bring it home on 18 at the end of a fantastic day.
Someone sneaked a picture of Kuchar.


Us mommies even got treated to a little shopping fun in Jacksonville, followed by spa time at Ponte  Vedra Inn & Club for Mother's Day.
I'm wearing a strapless bathing suit here.. just sayin'.

And though we didn't have the one that made me Mommy with us, Tax Man made sure I woke up hearing her sweet voice on Sunday morning... And yes, she is still wearing her bow in the bathtub.



It was a great weekend... we're already planning TPC 2013.

**********************************************

The next weekend, Peanut showed off her skills at her ballet recital.


Can you find her buns?
The sweet class made us 'thank heaven for little girls' with their precious dance...
 *************************************************************

These suckers started arriving in early May...

He used LE's hand in the shot to make the tomato appear bigger...

We're living on tomatoes around here - if your plants are as abundant as ours, I highly recommend two recipes - the BLT Salad appearing in this month's issue of Southern Living and the Tomato Bisque from either A Thyme to Celebrate or The Happy Everything Cookbook. Though the plants have provided us with at least two ripe 'maters each day since May, we are still loving the delicious dishes created with them!

0 comments: