Not too long after Marsha passed away, I was going through a bin of Blaine's childhood keepsakes and came across a typed list entitled "Blaine's words at XX Months." I can't recall the exact month, but that isn't the point. The point is...she was so diligent and meticulous, and I appreciate it so much. Marsha took the time to type these lists (long before we could lay in bed blogging on our laptop computers), so that we all could share in the memories of Blaine's childhood. I think I treasure the notes and lists tucked into his baby book more than the completely filled out baby book, because they remind me so much of her.
A few weeks ago, Blaine told me I needed to make a list of Logan's words. So, with a bit more technology than Marsha had 30 years ago, here goes....
Dada (and Da-dee! Da-dee! with a sort of british sound)
Mama (only occasionally)
Papa!
Nana
DoG (underline that G)
Baby (while signing the word)
DuCK (so much emphasis on last syllables)
BoOK
Rain (while pointing to the rain...she knows this one because we have to tell her we can't go swing when it rains, and because of the Itsy Bitsy Spider song)
See, see (and she wants us to see, see everything)
Sees (for keys, which I now have to hide from her if I want to be able to drive us anywhere)
No (not very often though)
Tank-u (or something of the sort)
ShOOE (the first thing out of her mouth when we open the closet - she is mama's girl for sure)
BeBe (this is A. Bethany)
ChEEEZ (for the food, and the camera)
Down
Something for Brown Bear, Brown Bear, but it is still pretty hard to understand
I'm pretty certain we are forgetting a few (Blaine is helping). Maybe this weekend I'll pull out that list of Blaine's and share those too.
She is also working on her animal sounds, beyond the monkey. She now loves to tell us what the horse says, and sometimes what the cow and sheep say. The dog and duck both just say doG and duCK, according to her (guess the woof, woof and quack, quack sounds are too hard).






1 comments:
It's funny how you mention the list of Blaine's first words. My mom and Judy talk about that list all the time. About how Marsha could always tell you how many words Blaine could say and neither of them could. Glad to see she kept the lists!
Why is it that babies hold on on the Mama? Greta just said it yesterday for the first time (at least directed at me), yet she is Da-Da-ing all day long.
Greta LOVES her shoes too!
Post a Comment