Thursday, August 13, 2009

Summer Saturdays

I thought before another weekend starts (yay!), I should post the pictures of our relaxing Summer Saturday (and Sunday) from last week. We finally had a low key weekend (the first of the summer, I think) and got a chance to go to the pool with Jack and Shannon on Saturday, which Logan thoroughly enjoyed. She is so funny watching bigger kids...she tots around after Jack, trying so very hard to keep up.

Wait for me, Jack!
The shallow water of the kids' pool was so nice and cool....mommy and Logan both liked sitting there. Great practice for our beach trip in a few weeks!

Jack under the mushroom.

Look at her blond hair (and not at her mommy's roots). She is such a natural tow-head.

String bean!

Logan wasn't really sure what to think of the mushroom...Shan, I don't know why I didn't take a single picture of you. Sorry!
Blaine and I went to Lily Gilchrist's beautiful wedding on Saturday night, and Logan spent the night with Nana and Papa. Thanks for giving us the night off mom and dad! The next morning, we picked the peanut up and headed over to the Gilchrist's to visit a bit with Duncan before he headed back to California. He gave us two bottles of "Logan" chardonnay, which can only be purchased out there. How thoughtful!

One thing about weddings with out-of-town visitors, I always tend to remember how nice Tallahassee is. After our visit with friends, we went downtown to take Logan to the Mary Brogan Museum. It has been quite awhile since I visited there, and we are planning our Junior League cookbook launch party there for the end of September, so I thought it would be fun to go check out the children's exhibit. Unfortunately, they didn't open until 1 pm, right before Logan's naptime. So, we decided to forgo the museum to play a bit in Kleman Plaza and then had a leisurely lunch at Harry's. We rushed home to get her down for her nap....which she refused until about 4 pm. Oh well.....

Love the teeth!

Running through the park with daddy. She is giggling so hard and squinching up that little nose, which makes me laugh.

Drinking a little "gurgle, gurgle" with daddy. My sis, A. BeBe, always called water "gurgle, gurgle," I guess because that is the sound it makes. We were shocked to hear Logan calling it that the other day too....sometimes I think she is Bethany's twin!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute pics!