Saturday, October 17, 2009

Fall Fell

Brrrr. I think we skipped fall and went straight to winter. Today was chilly, especially because the sun only showed its face sporadically. We certainly enjoyed the cooler weather and managed to have several 'adventures' during the day. We enjoyed lunch with several friends (Jack, Abby, Olivia, Carson, A. Shannon, A. Ali, Miss Amanda) at Red Elephant while daddy golfed and then ran a few errands. I find myself laughing at Logan constantly as her personality develops....she is saying and doing the funniest things now at 16 months. I just want to bottle right now up and remember it always (I think I say this about every phase). Our only complaint is the ongoing sleep issues, which we continue to work hard to rectify. The kid is a snuggler, but we are trying to teach her to snuggle with "Molly the Monkey" in her crib instead of mommy and daddy all night long. Trying process, but we may be making some progress tonight. Here are some photos of her cuteness this afternoon.

Wearing her Juicy Couture jacket A. Nancy and family gave her for Christmas last year. It was the perfect chic cozy for today's weather.

Logan likes making 'kissing' noises at Daisy to get her to come. She also is saying "Daisy" with clarity now, instead of just DOG. She loves her so much (which keeps her daddy and I still loving the d@#$ dog).Couldn't you just eat her up?!?

She does this new thing where she tucks/hides an object, holds out her little hands and says "where'd she go." The funniest thing is she doesn't make the words at all, just the voice inflection exactly as I do. I had this bear - AG Bear - as a child (and beyond) that speaks back to you in "bear talk." My childhood friends will remember this annoying stuffed animal (as it made wierd noises everytime you moved at night). Logan LOVES playing with AG Bear now and this is what I think of everytime she makes the "where'd she go" sounds. I caught it on video yesterday and will try again to put it on the blog...my patience ran out the last time I tried to post video. Anyway, this next round of photos are of Logan hiding herself in the dog crate. I know, I know, it is gross, but it was just so funny when she did it....I was grateful the camera was close by in the office so I could capture these shots.





She found one of my shopping bags I had hidden in our closet. Is she my girl, or what?!


Later this evening, we decided to head to the park to burn off more energy before we started bedtime routine. The first two pics are of us during her first trip to the park in February of this year (her at 8 months). What a difference 8 months makes!


Almost as cold today as it was in February.

Logan doesn't have much more hair than she did at 8 months -and she doesn't weigh much more - but she can ride the seesaw all by herself now!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute and so much fun hanging with the kiddies today. Hrm, that fleece pullover looks vaguely familiar...Can you believe it was 43 degrees this morning?

MacK + Shawn said...

LOVE the juicy sweat shirt... and her kissy face, she is so precious w/ her huge eyes + little bow in her hair! thanks for showing the 8mo pics...EA is 2wks shy of 8mo, so its fun seeing the difference of logan then to now! wow, how they grow so fast! + i feel the same way about 'bottling every stage up', but it just keeps getting better + better! tell blaine hey!