Just a few thoughts to brain dump as I mindlessly watch hour-upon-hour of royal wedding build-up coverage {is your alarm clock set for 4:30 am like mine?!?}.
First and of utmost importance - my kitchen curtain is hanging! In fact, Tax Man {he asked me to stop calling him that on the blog; I don't think I will oblige} wants it on record that the curtain was up and the tools were cleaned up before 2 pm on Saturday. Doesn't it look beautiful? Thank you mom and B! In all seriousness, I should take a sentence or two here to express my love for Tax Man. He really does put up with my craziness more than I deserve most days {though there are times he contributes to that crazy} and watching him interact with LE makes me smile from the inside out. We are blessed to have each other.
Speaking of interacting with LE - the child has been an absolute angel this week. I was discussing her happy demeanor with my mom earlier today and pondering if dropping her nap has contributed to overall happiness in our household - she hasn't napped for four consecutive days {still takes an hour of quiet time reading books, but no nap}. And though no nap can lead to a short temper in the late evenings, it also leads to soundly sleeping by 8/8:30 pm with NO issue whatsoever. I hate to drop the nap completely if she still needs the sleep, so we are playing this completely on a day-to-day basis.
Back to the discussion with my mom - she pointed out that her happy demeanor likely has less to do with nap versus no nap, but more to do with the fact her daddy is no longer working crazy hours. Isn't the intuition of tots amazing? I mean, the child gets love from all angles, even when Tax Man is working 80 hours a week, but intuitively, she is simply just happier when she gets quality time with him every day. He's a good daddy; and "it is a good day" each day {a phrase she continues to share each night before she conks into deep slumber}.
In other news....a little haircut was in order last week before Easter Sunday.Don't you love the nervous anticipation on her face? She did great - at a precious kids' salon fully-equipped with a TV for viewing during the trim and candy jars for post-cut. I've caught her playing hair salon several times this week {pretending to cut Kaley's hair on Tuesday morning :)} and hanging her head over a toy that blows air {to pop balls out} to "dry it." Just need to keep the real scissors out of her sweet little hands, right?!?
And because we all need a little Tinkerbell in our lives {yes, the costume is supposed to be worn with a leotard underneath; apparently that was too much for little Tink to adorn}.Last order of business....party planning is in full force in our house and let me just say it is shaping up practically perfectly :).
Happy Wedding Watching Friends!
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
1 month ago






4 comments:
Well, I'm doing the same thing, except my mindless TV watching entails an NFL draft. Oh joy! Blog is in the hopper, but I'm not as quick as you are.
No, my alarm is not set for 4:30 am...but, my DVR is! ;-)
I'm being tortured with the NFL draft as well. Good thing I have Mary Poppins on my DVR from last weeks' Family Channel showing. I forced Julian to watch it the other day. What a super-calafragalistic party theme!
Enjoyed your musings as usual. How much does your Mom charge to recreate that window treatment?? LOVE!
Post a Comment