Saturday, April 23, 2011

She Flies Through the Air with the Greatest of Ease?

Ever feel like the guy on the bottom of this magnificent display? I mean, that little dude at the top - the one that just does a flip through the air and puts his feet down - he sure does get all the glory. Meanwhile, the one at the very bottom - the one no one looks at - he {literally} has all the weight of the act on his shoulders as he scrambles to be in the correct place when little dude plants his feet.

Our life is a circus these days; a grand circus, filled with smiles and chaos, but a balancing act nonetheless. Case in point - moments ago I filled my bowl with Chex for a "well-balanced" breakfast of carbs and promptly covered it with half-and-half. Hmmm. Not too crazy considering that is the way LE eats her cereal, but unfortunately mommy isn't looking to increase her body mass index. The cereal sure is delicious this morning though :).

What better way to manage our 'three-rings' than a little trip to the real circus?My parents took me to this circus frequently growing up; in fact, long before we moved to Nole Country, I believe we made special excursions here for the circus {oh, and for football games, naturally}. This is a flying high circus - no animal acts, no stinky elephants, just lots of really talented, dedicated college students doing death defying acts for our entertainment.
Note the date on the ticket - particularly exciting as it was the Friday prior to tax day and though the deadline was extended this year {thanks Honest Abe}, the Tax Man had pretty much wrapped everything up and this weekend would mark the first one of no office time since mid-January. Needless to say, we all had a little pep in our step.Seats right on the sawdust floor....perfect for little trapeeze artists in-training to dance about and try her own balancing acts.
One has to look up really, really high to catch all the excitement.

Daddy caught a rare shot of the 'ringmaster' herself.....LE wasn't really into being in the picture, but just for proof that I was there, running the show :).
We called the evening our "mommy-daddy-Logan date night" and she LOVED it {she had a meltdown the weekend before when we left for our "mommy-daddy date" so we made a big deal of telling her she was a part of this one}. The Tax Man and I may have loved the night even more than she did - watching her eyes light up with awe was precious and I loved watching her doing something I can recall loving as a child. We definitely exchanged a number of "can you believe this sweet girl is ours?" looks that evening. You know, the looks, when everything about a moment is just right and you adore one another and that moment?

And then back to the reality of our own circus....

Wonder if anyone has ever cited "Curtain Conundrum" as the reason for divorce? A few years back, I recall Shannon getting beautiful new curtains for her living room and while they are perfectly lovely now, I believe the process of hanging them almost led to permanent separation for Ben and Shannon. In fact, I think it ended with Shannon calling in reinforcements {her parents}, which I know is always a good thing for our hubbies' egos :).

I didn't imagine that the ONE new curtain for our kitchen window could cause such a conundrum. I mean, the Tax Man is *almost* as handy with a drill as he is with an excel spreadsheet. So why, oh why, did we just quit this project for the second time?
The curtain does look lovely laying over the back of the couch though, doesn't it?

The mess in my kitchen - the one where I need to be dying eggs, creating bunny cookies, potato salad, a veggie tray, sausage croissants and maybe even this if I hurry up with this post - is not so lovely. And me pointing this out before the Tax Man and LE left for Lowe's did not go over so well.
So I think I have learned from Shannon's Curtain Conundrum just to wait quietly and patiently. It will be hung eventually, right? And in the meantime, I'll stick to my Bunny Bait and basket stuffing, all while keeping the reason for Easter present in my mind - it is a hard one to explain to a tot isn't it?
Hope you find the Golden Egg in one of your 'three rings' this weekend. Happy Easter....I'll be back to share photos soon {we hope}.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, home improvement projects must be cited very often in divorce proceedings. Thankfully curtains are now hung and marriage is still in tact. Love the post and can't wait to get back to life and coffee play dates as usual.