Wednesday, April 20, 2011

We Love You Mrs. Hannigan

Overheard while LE enjoyed a little Annie with her daddy last night: "She is JUST like my mommy." Huh? Whoa Nelly. Back up. You know the scene....the first scene of the movie that Carol Burnett appears in. 'Appears' is putting it nicely. She actually staggers into the scene, drunk {is this movie really appropriate for a toddler?} and promptly yells at the orphans. This is the scene I heard playing from the other room when the comment was made. Why, oh why would this remind LE of her mommy so very much that she felt the need to say, very clearly mind you, "she is JUST like my mommy"?!?!

Let's do a quick case study.
1. Though I am currently sick and did take a dose of cough syrup last night, I do not drink it regularly. And not from the bottle. And my goal is not to get drunk from it.2. I have abandoned by Chi in recent months, so my hair does a look a bit crazy at times, but hopefully if it looks as crazy as Mrs. Hannigan's one of my friends would gently suggest a fix....right friends? Does it really take feedback from my toddler for me to realize I should gussy up a bit more?3. I don't wear trashy lingerie. In fact, if you ask B, he will tell you I never even put on my nice lingerie. But that would be a different subject and probably TMI :).
4. I have never referred to my child as "my little pig dropping" nor have I ever served her {hot OR cold} mush.

All I can say is, kids say the darndest things. And if a blatant comparison to Mrs. Hannigan is not enough to make a mama think about her tone, then I am not sure what will.

Sweet LE - Thanks for giving daddy and I such a huge laugh. I love you dearly and you will Never. Ever. Live this one down. It will be shared on your wedding day. I promise.
P.S. Intentionally spill your milk at the dinner table again {as you did last night} and you WILL see my Mrs. Hannigan side again :).

6 comments:

Maureen said...

Hahaha! Too funny :). Jeff and I were getting ready for the gym, trying to fine gym clothes scattered from room to room. Nora said to Jeff (in his boxers) Gross! Where are your pants? And to me (in undies and a sports bra) I like your half shirt... Oh, kids!

Unell Hussey said...

Watching the home movies as I was converting them to MP3. There are lovely pictures of our children with my voice in the back ground sounding like a .... not so nice Mom. Unell

Unknown said...

LOL, too funny! I'm speechless...

Autumn Mayfield said...

Hilarious!!! Love it.

Caroline Lucile said...

Now you know what you should be for Halloween!!

Jill said...

You made me laugh A LOT!! haha!! Love this!!