A Re-Post - Blogger went down on Friday of last week and this post disappeared. I was so saddened to have lost the words I'd written for LE to read one day. Thank you Mom for finding the post in its entirety in Google Reader. I'm so happy!
May 5, 2011
I started this post on Sunday and the chaos of life has kept me from returning to finish. I'm so glad I waited as one harried morning earlier in the week, LE asked me to see a picture of when she was "borned." Despite the rush to get out the door to school, I stopped for a quick minute to oblige and the moments of sweet curiosity that ensued were well worth it. The above photo was taken the morning after she was born and is one of my absolute favorites of the peanut and me.To My Sweet Peanut,
Thank you for making me "mommy."
Thank you for the smiles and uninhibited laughter.
Thank you for the curious questions.
Thank you for the reminder to slow down and just be. In this moment. Because it is fleeting.
Thank you for the unconditional love....I know your Nana wants you to say you love her "the most" but we all know the truth - you are way smarter than us. In fact, you told her today you "love mommy," you "love Nana" and you "love everybody." I love it.
Thank you for inviting me in your "castle" to enjoy those moments of "just being."
Thank you for teaching me to ask "why" with the innocence of a child. Why should we always just oblige, right?
Thank you for being a girly-girl. You know your daddy is the one that hid your Piggy Paint nail polish, right? And yet, in your innovative way, you happily decided your lip gloss would suffice on your nails {a bit sticky, but good nonetheless}.
Thank you for the helping me to practice patience while teaching you the virtues of it.
Thank you for reiterating what is most important in this world - and that it isn't on a computer or phone - even though I sometimes think you would trade me out for your own iPhone or for a "computer on your desk" as you recently told us you needed.
Thank you for putting up with me as I figure out motherhood. This is still kinda new for me, you know? I realize I overschedule us to a fault - playdates and lessons galore, forced fun and memories all in an effort to set you up for the most happiness and success possible. Let's slow down a bit this summer {between swim lessons and music class, ballet and organized play :)}. I know you like to just be at "our house," so lets do that some.
Thank you for indulging me in my crazy craft "frojects" that are meant to lead to quality time for us. Mommy didn't get the creating talent from your Nana, but no worries, I do know how to shop Etsy and send links to your Nana for replications. And hopefully I can get the melted crayon out of my new kitchen rug....
Thank you for the reminder to thank God for everything. And I mean, Everything. You've realized that a lengthy prayer prolongs bedtime, haven't you?
Above all, thank you for giving me the best title I could imagine. You, my sweet girl, will always be the one that made me a mommy. Amidst the chaos of life, I make the simple promise to love you with all that I am and to make every effort to guide you in this life to what is most important. I promise to encourage success and smiles and to be by your side when these things don't come easily.
I love you to the moon and back each night; and to the sun and back each day.
Thank you for making me mommy.
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
1 month ago






3 comments:
so sweet. love the first picture :)
Thank you for the tears this morning! You are an incredible Mommy...Logan is one lucky girl!! Love you all.
Nancy - what a beautiful blog! And what a beautiful post! Hope you and Blaine are well. Your LE is absolutely precious.
Post a Comment