"Clean up computer files" has lived on my weekly to-do list for at least six weeks now. The ol' MacBook Pro is nearing its hard drive capacity {okay, the computer is only a year old} and the back-up system was full {as in, hadn't backed up completely in at least 60 days}. So, time was of the essence.
Clean-up 101 {you know, where you Google search "cleaning up Macbook"} reminded me that video files take up a ton of space. And though we own the only video camera that doesn't communicate with Macs {that would be a Sony}, I had managed to somehow download many of the files both to the Mac and to Tax Man's clunky PC. {Sorry, had to get a PC jab in there, even if I was complaining about my sweet Mac's ability to accept Sony video files}.
Are you bored yet? I'm bored typing this.
And so, "delete video files from Mac" was added as a sub-bullet to the to dos. And yet, it was no fast task. Remember back when we printed photos? Remember trying to organize said print outs into photo albums? Typically a lengthy task due to the memory lane environment that develops looking at old photos or videos.
And so, after watching too many of the videos, I managed to get them off my computer and back up the ol' girl. However, I couldn't resist sharing this one...
Sweet Z at three years reading to our newborn LE. He is seven now. And she... she will be four next month. She "reads" me Brown Bear Brown Bear now. How did that happen? In fact she doesn't even need a mommy anymore, or so she told me yesterday after taking herself to the bathroom to brush her teeth on her own {with her electric toothbrush, mind you}. The conversation went like this:
LE: I did it all by myself without mommy! I don't need mommy!
Me: Good job! You don't need a mommy anymore?!?
LE: Yes I do.
Me: What for?
LE: To be the dishwasher and to get me ready for school.
Nice... she added "to give me kisses" later. At least now I know my priorities - dishes and school preparation. Tax Man's priority - organize those videos that are now on his clunky PC so we can make her future boyfriend suffer through them one day in many, many, many years.






1 comments:
He can read without even looking at the pages. Amazing!
Post a Comment